“You Can’t Afford To Get Sick” to Benefit UNM Center For Life Integrative Medicine Clinic
ALBUQUERQUE, NM – UNM’s Health Sciences Center welcomes Dr. Andrew Weil presenting a public forum, “You Can’t Afford to Get Sick” based on his most recent book,Why Our Health Matters,Saturday,December 18, 11 a.m. at the Hyatt Regency Albuquerque.
Andrew Weil, M.D., is considered the foremost authority in Integrative Medicine, having traveled the globe investigating and collecting information from other cultures’ drug use, medicinal plants and alternative treatments for disease.
Director of the Arizona Center for Integrative Medicine, University of Arizona, Weil promotes integrative medicine as a combination of mainstream and alternative medicine, emphasizing prevention over treatment and focusing on nutrition, botanical medicines and mind-body interventions to complement conventional drug and surgery protocols. Proceeds from the Public Forum will benefit UNM’s Center For Life, an Albuquerque Preventive and Integrative Medicine Specialty Clinic.
Center For Life Services include:
- Integrative Medicine Consultations
- Acupuncture and Chinese Medicine
- Chiropractic Medicine
- Nutritional Counseling
- Infra Red Therapy
- Massage technique, including Oncology, Pregnancy, Hot Stone, Swedish, Reflexology Head/Scalp & Neck, Craniosacral, Sports, Deep Tissue, Therapeutic and others
- Ayurvedic Consultations Ø Energy Medicine
- Opportunity to meet with Curanderas, Native Healers and other Spiritual Healers
Tickets are available for $25; Special VIP Packages also are available for $150 and include a Private Brunch with Dr. Weil; attendance at the Public Forum and a book event.
Weil is the author of several best-selling books promoting general health and healthy aging. Other titles include:
- Healthy Aging
- Spontaneous Healing
- Natural Health, Natural Medicine
- 8 Weeks to Optimum Health
- Eating Well for Optimum Health
For more information and to purchase tickets online, visit the UNM Center For Life at http://www.unmmg.org/cfl/ or call 925-7464.
Contact: Luke Frank, 272-3322