The Sandoval Regional Medical Center (SRMC) is gearing up to support the National Alliance on Mental Illness (NAMI) through its annual 5k walk on Saturday, May 11 at Balloon Fiesta Field. In years past, SRMC staff, their friends and family have come together to raise money and awareness to help aid in the fight to overcome the obstacles of mental illness.
College of Pharmacy Community Outreach Day Service Sites
October 12, 2018
- UNM Student Union Building, 10 a.m.-1 p.m. - Confidential HIV Testing & Flu Shots
- UNM Hospital Hope Clinic, 8:30 a.m.-12:15 p.m. - Flu Shots
- NMSU Corbett Ctr Student Union, 10 a.m. -2 p.m. - Health Screenings
- Cherry Hills Public Library, 10:30 a.m.-2:30 p.m. - Health Screenings & Flu shots
- Consulate of Mexico, 8-11 a.m. - Health Screenings and 9 AM – 12 PM: Generation Rx Prescription Drug Misuse & Abuse Education
- Dancing Eagle Casino, 10 a.m.-2 p.m. - Flu shots
- Islamic Center of New Mexico, 1-3:30 p.m. - Health Screenings & Flu shots
- Mesilla Valley Hospice, 9 a.m.-3 p.m. - Flu shots
- South Valley Multipurpose CTR, 9 a.m.-noon - Health Screenings, Self Care Education, & Vials of Life
- Rio Bravo Senior Meal Site, 10 a.m.-2 p.m. - Stand Together Geriatric Services & Vials of Life
- Zuni Wellness Center, 1-4:30 p.m. - Health Screenings
- Public School Education:
- Poison Prevention (elementary schools): APS (various ABQ sites), McKinley (Farmington), Desert View (Los Lunas), La Merced (Belen) and more.
- OTC Medication Safety (elementary schools): Truman, Eisenhower and Jefferson (ABQ) and more.
- Generation Rx (middle & high schools): Piedra Vista HS (Farmington), Taylor Ranch MS (Los Ranchos de ABQ), East Mountain HS (Sandia Park), Jackson MS, Kennedy MS, Digital Arts & Tech Academy, Corrales International School, Volcano Vista HS, Tony Hillerman HS (ABQ).
- Self Care Education (middle & high schools): Grant Middle School (ABQ), Atrisco Heritage HS, James Monroe MS, Sandia HS, Hayes MS, Garfield MS (ABQ), Rio Rancho MS (Rio Rancho), and Los Lunas HS, Los Lunas MS (Los Lunas).
On Thursday, April 25 CHEK-D will hold a recognition and kickoff event, with a talk and presentation by Dr. Richard Larson, Vice Chancellor for Research, and Dr. Larissa Myaskovsky, CHEK-D Director, from 9 – 10 a.m. in Domenici North Wing room 2710.
UNM HSC is honored to continue our partnership with Professor Alford. We would like to invite everyone to join us as she presents the UNM Distinguished Diversity Scholar luncheon talk: Enhancing Wellness By Honoring Our Humanity on Friday, April 26.