Soon-to-be moms are faced with a lot of decisions, but at UNM Hospital, our team of experts support mothers every step of the way to help them prepare for the big day.
From the time you make your first appointment to well after you leave our hospital with your newest addition, our 24/7 team provides you with all the care you and your baby need.
Our team includes:
- Obstetricians and Family Medicine Doctors
- Certified Nurse Midwives
- High Risk Maternal Fetal Medicine Doctors and Anesthesiologists
- Certified Maternal Child Nurses
A Comfortable Setting
When the new UNM Hospital wing, Barbara and Bill Richardson Pavilion, opened its doors in June 2007 it revealed a stunning, six-floor facility equipped to provide top, expert care to all New Mexicans – from children to adults – to even the unborn.
Of the six floors, two are dedicated to maternity and newborn services allowing mothers to take comfort in spacious, private rooms during their special and very intimate time.
Our state-of-the-art facility includes:
- 12 Labor and Delivery Recovery rooms
- 5 Obstetrical Triage rooms
- 3 Operating Room Suites
- Private Postpartum rooms for Mom, Baby and Family
- Newborn Nursery
Often women have concerns about being able to produce enough milk or the ability to "do it right." At UNMH, our Breastfeeding Clinic is dedicated to solely helping women successfully breastfeed.
Our International Board Certified Lactation Consultants are specially trained to assist families with making breastfeeding a wonderful experience for mom and baby.
The clinic helps with many breastfeeding issues including:
- Prenatal teaching and assessment
- Follow up days after going home or any time a woman feels the need for support and guidance
- Weaning baby from the breast
• OB Triage (505) 272-2460
• Labor and Delivery (505) 272-2603
• Mother Baby Unit (505) 272-2370
• OB Special Care (505) 272-2518
• Newborn Clinic (505) 272-5964
• Breastfeeding Clinic (505) 272-0480